Practical Fishkeeping December 2023
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
THE UNDERWATER HONEYS!
Bumblebee gobies are this issue’s ‘must hive’ fish.
This month Gabor Horvath puts the bumblebee gobies of Brachygobius under the microscope. He dispels the brackish myths, explains exactly how to get them feeding, offers real-world, practical tips on breeding, and even looks at the latest revelations on species identification.
What’s in the December issue of PFK:
• NO STINGS ATTACHED: Why you shouldn’t be afraid to keep the humble bumblebee gobies.
• MY HEART BLEEDS: Oliver Lucanus gets pumped for the three bleeding heart tetras.
• GUIDE TO LIVE FOODS: What you need to know before plonking that bag of Daphnia in your tank
• CRYPTOBENTHIC COGS: Dr Sterling Tebbett explores the most ecologically important of the nano fishes.
• TOP SHOPS 2023: PFK’s Readers’ Poll returns with this year’s best stores, as chosen by you. How does your local retailer rank?
• DAY IN THE LIFE: Ever wondered what ichthyologists do? Rebecca Bentley opens the doors on museum life.