Practical Fishkeeping November 2023
This month fish breeder extraordinaire Gabor Horvath take a journey into ‘home hatching’ using mail order killifish eggs.
On Sale: 19/10/2023
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
HOME GROWN AQUATICS!
How to grow your own fish from a packet of dried eggs.
This month fish breeder extraordinaire Gabor Horvath take a journey into ‘home hatching’ using mail order killifish eggs. With tips on how to find a reliable supplier, to raising the young and then breeding your own, Gabor opens up a whole new world of colourful fish for the aquarist who wants to try something new.
What’s in the November issue of PFK:
• HATCHING PLANS: How to grow the most beautiful killifish from mail order eggs.
• WHERE DID THE GOLDFISH GO? Jeremy Gay comments on the conspicuous absence of a key hobby fish.
• FLOUNDERING FISHKEEPERS: Looking for the quirkiest of oddballs? You do well to consider on of the freshwater flatfish.
• ENOUGH ROOM TO REEF: Dr Sterling Tebbett explains just how much swimming space marines need.
• HUMPBACKED HOTTIES: They may lack colour, but Limia should be your next livebearer project.
• MAKE SPACE FOR SCHISMATOGOBIUS: Meet the river dwelling, substrate hugging gobies that’ll melt your heart.