Practical Fishkeeping February 2024
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
PUTTING THE ‘WOW’ INTO WOWORAE!
Could this be the perfect ricefish?
This month we spotlight Daisy’s rice fish, a small, colourful, peaceful, easy to keep, absolute bundle of fun. Accomplished breeder Gabor Horvath takes a look at this diminutive species that hangs on to its eggs like a bunch of grapes, with hints and tips on to how you can breed you own.
What’s in the February issue of PFK:
• DRIVING MISS DAISY: Meet Oryzias woworae, probably the prettiest ricefish you’ll ever want to keep… and breed!
• WHY THE LONG FACE: With their oversized jaws and quirky sparring, you’ll be surprised that some halfbeaks fit well in a community.
• NOT SO TERRIBLE CTENOPOMA: Looking for an ideal mid-sized oddball? You’ll definitely want to consider a climbing perch.
• PERFECTLY PAPUA: Follow our step-by-step guide to creating a beautiful set up for threadfin rainbows and peacock gudgeon.
• THE GERMAN MOLLIES: When one aquarist couldn’t find wild common mollies, he had to catch his own—in Europe!
• WHY HARDNESS MATTERS: What you need to know about testing and changing your general and carbonate hardness levels.