The Federation of British Aquarist Societies has announced the lineup for the events at its forthcoming Festival.
The Festival of Fishkeeping and Water Gardening is set to include coverage for day visitors and residents on every area of the hobby, including: tropical freshwater fish, Discus, marines, koi and goldfish, native British fishes, filtration and lighting and water gardening.
An International lineup of speakers, co-sponsored by PFK, has been confirmed and will include:
- Pro-breeder David Lim on Discus
- Geoffrey Tan on general fishkeeping
- Heiko Bleher on Discus and a general fishkeeping topic
- Dr David Ford will present his very own personal history of 30 years of Aquarian foods and products
- Rupert Bridges from Tetra will be speaking about fishkeeping
Events due to take place over the weekend include:
- Hagen Masters Open Show - sponsored by Rolf C Hagen (Sunday)
- Laguna Southern Koi Festival - sponsored by Laguna
- Goldfish Society of Great Britain Show - sponsored by Aquarian (Saturday)
- British Open Final - sponsored by Tetra
- FBAS Suprme Championship Final - sponsored by Tetra
- Catfish Show - sponsored by Aquarian and judged to Southern Catfish Rescue Society Rules (Saturday)
- Jinchu Kai - UK Ranchu Specialist Goldfish - sponsored by Aquarian
- UK Discus Show - sponsored by Tetra
- Marine display - sponsored by Aqua Medic
- Society furnished aquaria
- Pond and water garden displays
- Trade displays
The FBAS Festival of Fishkeeping and Water Gardening runs on the weekend of 14-16 October 2005.
Accommodation is half-board and costs 85 for two-nights or 105 for three nights. Lunch is available on both days. There is also a cabaret (and fancy dress competition) and dancing on all three nights.
Day visitors are welcome and entrance is FREE on the Saturday between 10-5pm.
To book your place, call Grace Nethersell on 0208 847 3586. Or, write to 8 Acacia Avenue, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 8NR.