A full-time job has become available in the new aquatics department at Hornsea Garden Centre in Yorkshire.
Hornsea Garden Centre is one of the largest centres in the British Garden Centres family. Located in beautiful surroundings near Hornsea, it has recently seen the addition of a new restaurant and a huge development making it a destination garden centre. Hornsea now boasts a new aquatics department as part of the development, stocking marine, tropical and coldwater fish and accessories, and offering expert advice to help customers get the most out of their aquarium or pond.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated full-time Aquatics Department Manager to continue the development of this department. Previous experience as a retail manager within the aquatics industry is preferred, however, applicants with a proven management background with a knowledge of fish keeping will be considered.
The successful candidate will be:
- Accountable for the operational excellence and financial performance of your department.
- Ensuring the highest standards of display, compliance and livestock inventory control are maintained and that sales revenue targets are achieved and exceeded.
- An inspirational leader for your new team ensuring that they receive clear direction and performance management within a culture of coaching and mentoring.
- Highly commercial and results driven with a proven track record in a management position.
- A positive and strong communicator and a skilled motivational people manager. Adept at succession planning and performance management.
- Accountable for providing great customer service and have a keen eye for detail around the consumer's experience in your department.
- A solution orientated thinker with excellent problem solving skills.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness and biological health of livestock holding systems.
- Responding to customer needs with expert advice and providing excellent customer service.
If you are looking for new challenges within a forward thinking family run business and would enjoy the rewards this role would bring then we would like to hear from you.
Please email your CV and include any relevant fishkeeping experience, together with a cover letter explaining why you could be an ideal candidate for the position to: email@example.com position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 19th April 2017