Woman accidentally poisons grandchildren with fish

b06d88dd-d15e-4231-871a-9d27c0b9755f

Editor's Picks
 A perfect place for your Fighter to rest his little fins — the Betta Bed Leaf Hammock.
Gear Post
Review: Betta Bed Leaf Hammock
21 November 2017
 Just look at that little face... No wonder then, that so many fishkeepers find these little puffers so hard to resist.
Features Post
Join the puffer fish fan club!
28 September 2017
 Special care needs to be taken when catching Pictus catfish and other species with spines.
Features Post
Travels with your fish
03 August 2017


A grandmother accidentally killed one of her grandchildren and left another in a coma after they ate a fish she had cooked and filled with poison.

According to a report in Gulf News the woman had become angry with the neighbourhood dogs where she lived in Hudieda and decided to poison them. She fried a fish and filled it with a poisonous substance, but instead of taking it straight outside, she left it in the kitchen.

Unfortunately, her grandchildren were lured into the kitchen by the smell of the fish and decided to eat it.

One of the children died instantly, while the other was rushed to hospital and is now in a coma.

Why not take out a subscription to Practical Fishkeeping magazine? See our latest subscription offer.