Man electrocuted while cleaning garden pond

0900b92b-fb1a-4360-b5c9-262268ca2442

Editor's Picks
 A perfect place for your Fighter to rest his little fins — the Betta Bed Leaf Hammock.
Gear Post
Review: Betta Bed Leaf Hammock
21 November 2017
 Just look at that little face... No wonder then, that so many fishkeepers find these little puffers so hard to resist.
Features Post
Join the puffer fish fan club!
28 September 2017
 Special care needs to be taken when catching Pictus catfish and other species with spines.
Features Post
Travels with your fish
03 August 2017


An Australian pondkeeper living in Bali has died after being electrocuted while cleaning his garden pond.

Philip Henry Hyde’s girlfriend said she heard him shout, and when she went outside she discovered him in the pond, which was live with electricity, reports News.com-au 
After switching off the electricity she and neighbours managed to get Mr Hyde out of the water and to hospital, but unfortunately he died.
It appears that an electric cord and plug had fallen into the water while Mr Hyde was cleaning it.
 
Why not take out a subscription to Practical Fishkeeping magazine? See our latest subscription offer. 
 
Don't forget PFK is also available in digital format. 
Click here for more information on the iPad or iPhone version.
Alternatively, click here for details of the Android version.