A man died in India after choking to death on a Koi, which he was reportedly trying to hold between his teeth.
Chandan Mallick (34) from Kakinara, had been catching fishes in a pond full of Koi in Nayanjuli at the weekend.
A local resident explained that while other people who were fishing had put their catches into baskets, Mullick had clenched the Koi he had caught between his teeth while he went after another.
Unfortunately the Koi managed to slip into his throat. Despite the best efforts of others at the scene to help him, the fish remained stuck.
Mullick was taken to Naihati State General Hospital, where doctors tried to remove it, but they were unable to save him.
Why not take out a subscription to Practical Fishkeeping magazine? See our latest subscription offer.
Don't forget that PFK is now available to download on the iPad.