Huntingdon Garden and Leisure is looking for an assistant to join its Pet and Aquatic team.
A vacancy has arisen at Huntingdon Garden and Leisure for a General Assistant in the Pet and Aquatic department.
The successful applicant will provide a professional, friendly and efficient service to the centre’s customers, providing advice and assistance, maintaining product and undertaking cleaning duties whilst ensuring compliance to company policies, 'best practice', and current legislation.
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
- A degree in Marine Biology (relevant to aquatic department only)
- A veterinary nursing qualification (relevant to pet department only)
- Good oral communication skills. Ability to communicate with both customers and colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments
- Good interpersonal and customer facing skills, able to empathise, maintain
- professionalism, display patience and politeness within a sometimes pressurised environment
- A conscientious, flexible and ‘can do’ working style
- Confidence to deal with difficult situations and to know when appropriate to seek guidance from line manager
- Proven drive and enthusiasm for retail sales with a desire to update product knowledge and skill set where required
- Good attention to detail and ability to recognise the benefits of effective
- Specialist working knowledge of product/department area
- Good team working skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- A good level of physical fitness and ability to undertake manual work
- Confidentiality and discretion and an awareness of the Data Protection Act
For a full job description, contact Huntingdon Garden and Leisure. Send your CV and a covering letter, by post or e-mail, for the attention of Jayne Callow.
Huntingdon Garden and Leisure Ltd
Email: [email protected]
The Garden and Leisure Group is one of the UK’s most successful garden and leisure retailers, comprising of seven garden centres assisted by a head office support team. It prides itself on a vision and determination to offer its customers an enjoyable day-out and a totally different garden and leisure shopping experience.