A Kent-based aquarium design, installation and maintenance company is looking for an Aquarium Maintenance Technician to join its team.
AquariumGroup is a growing company that operates an aquarium maintenance service covering London, the South, the South East and the Home Counties.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining clients' aquariums in both commercial and residential locations. Occasional duties may also include assisting in the installation of new aquariums, the relocation of existing aquariums, troubleshooting and fish disease control and prevention.
The role will include a considerable amount of driving to various service routes, mainly in central London and surrounding areas, but will also include the South, South East and Home Counties. Installations are nationwide.
Full training will be given for a trial three-month period after which, on successful completion, a vehicle will be provided. Please note that the terms of vehicle provision require the driver to be a minimum of 25 years of age.
This is a part-time position working three days per week on a permanent basis, with the opportunity of becoming full-time in the near future. There are no set hours, but on average these should not exceed more than 30 in any one week.
Annual salary is £10,400 for the duration of a three-month trial period. Salary increase on successful completion of the trial period; salary negotiable depending on experience.
Both AquariumGroup and its customers expect high standards. The company is looking for a highly motivated and dedicated individual with the following requirements:
- You must be punctual
- You have a valid drivers licence and clean driving record
- You will be required to pass a CRB check
- You are able to do some heavy lifting on a regular basis
- You are able to work alone but are equally happy to help out as a team player
- You are proactive and enjoy being hands-on
- You enjoy getting your hands wet and show initiative with good trouble shooting skills
- You pay attention to detail and work in an efficient and tidy manner
- You are a good communicator and are confident speaking with people face to face
- You have a passion for fish with fishkeeping experience an asset.
How to apply
In the first instance please email a covering letter and CV to Nathalie: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by April 30, 2014.
You can find more information about AquariumGroup on its website.
Why not take out a subscription to Practical Fishkeeping magazine? See our latest subscription offer.
Don't forget that PFK is now available to download on the iPad/iPhone.