One of Yorkshire’s most active clubs is the Sheaf Valley Aquarist Society (SVAS), which held its annual Open Show on Sunday, October 19.
Fish just want to have fun - scientists studying a group of male Tropheus have documented play in cichlids.
A Chinese businessman has paid £24,000 for a rare Golden snapper in Chittagong, southeastern Bangladesh.
The death of 24 endangered dolphins in the river Indus, Pakistan last year has led to recommendations for a complete ban on fishing in their reserve.
- Police investigate attempted sharknapping!
- Staff at a wildlife centre in Florida were shocked to discover that some... (No votes)
- Alien invaders displacing local fish in the Yamuna River
- A team of scientists studying the fish population in the Yamuna River, t... (No votes)
- Cichlid egg-spots shed light on evolutionary mechanism
- Keepers of African cichlids will be familiar with the egg-spots that ado... (No votes)
- Fish more aggressive towards ‘true’ rivals
- The results of previous studies of aggression in territorial species may... (No votes)
- Giant fish rescued from underground tank at restaurant
- A Giant gourami can now spread his fins after being removed from a tiny ... (No votes)
- Oil platforms provide important habitats for fish
- Oil platforms off the Southern California coast are some of the world’... (No votes)
- Woman bitten by unidentified creatures in river
- A swarm of mystery creatures attacked a woman in an Australian river. (No votes)
- 'Number one most dangerous alien species' found near Heathrow
- Native fish and other wildlife could be threatened by the discovery of a... (No votes)
- Fish in Bristol lake saved from cull
- The row between locals and officials at Henleaze Swimming Lake in Bristo... (1 vote) 1 comment
- Stars of the show at the Festival of Fishkeeping
- The 2014 FBAS Festival of Fishkeeping took place on October 4-5, 2014, i... (2 votes) 2 comments
- Sea Life Sanctuary to re-open next week
- Hunstanton Sea Life Sanctuary is to re-open to the public on October 16,... (No votes)
- Protests over cull of 'healthy fish' at swimming lake
- Plans to cull fish at a popular lake in Bristol have met with angry prot... (No votes)
Show all »