Frequently asked questions
- Frequently asked questions on sumps
- Increasing numbers of fishkeepers are adding sumps to their set-ups. We answer some of your common questio...
(1 vote) 1 comment
Practical Fishkeeping on Friday 25 February, 2011, 9:24
- Frequently asked questions on Ultra Low Nutrient Systems
- Want to know more about ULNS? Eric Michael Sanchez has some answers that may he...
Eric Michael Sanchez on Tuesday 20 July, 2010, 11:19
- Frequently asked questions on lowering hardness
- Some fish prefer soft water, and others benefit from softer water for breeding. But how do you make hard water soft, and how do you interpret hardness levels? Matt Clarke explai...
(5 votes) 2 comments
Matt Clarke on Tuesday 6 July, 2010, 19:48
- Frequently asked questions on Parrot cichlids
- Parrot cichlids are controversial fish. Matt Clarke takes an open-minded look at them and answers some of the most common questio...
(No votes) 1 comment
Matt Clarke on Tuesday 25 May, 2010, 10:09
- Frequently asked questions on using salt
- Salt has been scientifically proven to have a number of benefits. Matt Clarke scours the journals and speaks to industry experts for the latest on the subje...
(3 votes) 1 comment
Matt Clarke on Tuesday 25 May, 2010, 9:25
- Frequently asked questions on temperature
- Ever wondered why different temperatures are recommended for different fish? Matt Clarke answers some of the more technical questions relating to temperature and the way it affects your fi...
Practical Fishkeeping on Monday 24 May, 2010, 16:47
- Frequently asked questions on aquarium substrates
- Gravel, sand, specialist planting substrates - there's a lot of choice out there when it comes to what to put at the bottom of your tank. Matt Clarke answers some frequently asked questions about aquarium substrates...
Matt Clarke on Monday 10 May, 2010, 15:47
- Frequently asked questions on nitrite
- Nitrite is a toxic pollutant and high levels can be deadly for your fish. Matt Clarke explains what causes nitrite to rise, and what you can do to save your fish in a water quality crisis.....
(1 vote) 1 comment
Matt Clarke on Monday 10 May, 2010, 15:32
- Frequently asked questions on ammonia
- Ammonia can be a real danger to your fish, as Matt Clarke explai...
Matt Clarke on Monday 10 May, 2010, 15:13
- Frequently asked questions on treating sick fish
- Fish disease outbreaks need to dealt with promptly, but how do you know what it is? Andy Gordon answers some of the most common questions on diagnosing and treating common aquarium fish diseas...
(4 votes) 2 comments
Andy Gordon on Monday 10 May, 2010, 14:47