- What you need to know about PAR
- PAR is the buzzword, even though most people don’t know what it is. Coral keepers and plant buffs have an inkling, but it’s a mystery for the rest of ...
(No votes) 2 comments
Practical Fishkeeping on Thursday 11 October, 2012, 12:47
- TMC sheds light on AquaRay
- Michael Barrett TMC’s lighting consultant, steps into the firing line to answer some of your most frequently asked questions about this lighting ran...
Michael Barratt on Friday 21 October, 2011, 14:51
- How do I reduce electricity costs on my reef tank?
- Running a reef tank doesn't have to be expensive, says Jason Sco...
(1 vote) 1 comment
Jason Scott on Thursday 2 September, 2010, 13:50
- What should I do if I move house?
- Moving house can be bad enough, but what if you need to move your fish as well? Jason Scott has some ti...
Jason Scott on Wednesday 4 August, 2010, 10:03
- Why is LED lighting so expensive?
- There's quite a lot of LED lighting coming onto the market, but it's not cheap. Jason Scott explains why this is, and looks at some of the advantages of switching to LE...
Jason Scott on Thursday 6 May, 2010, 17:01
- Why overdriving could burn down your home
- Modifying your lighting for greater output, a practice known as overdriving, can be dangerous. We talk to Michael Barrett, Tropical Marine Centre’s lighting expert and qualified electronic engine...
Michael Barrett on Wednesday 28 April, 2010, 10:47
- What should I do if my fish are gasping?
- The water surface contains the highest levels of dissolved oxygen, so when fish can’t get enough they’ll rise to the top and gasp. However, the cause of that gasping could be due to several factors...
(No votes) 1 comment
Jeremy Gay on Thursday 25 March, 2010, 13:32
- What do I need for goldfish?
- Goldfish have a number of requirements - and a traditional goldfish bowl isn't one of them! Here are some of the things you'll need on your shopping li...
(2 votes) 1 comment
Jeremy Gay on Thursday 25 March, 2010, 13:20
- Will using two heaters increase my electricity bills?
- We often recommend using two smaller heaters instead of a large one - but will it affect your electricity consumption? Jason Scott has the answ...
(2 votes) 2 comments
Jason Scott on Thursday 25 March, 2010, 13:07
- What should I do if I detect ammonia?
- Ammonia is the most toxic nitrogenous pollutant you're likely to encounter in your aquarium, so it's important to know exactly what to do if you detect it. Here's Matt Clarke's advi...
(No votes) 1 comment
Matt Clarke on Wednesday 17 February, 2010, 8:27