Features » Show all
- The flow must go on!
- Many corals can survive without light, but none can survive without water movement. Jeremy Gay looks at types of flow pumps available for the marine aquari...
Jeremy Gay on Wednesday 22 May, 2013, 13:44
- Review: Metal CO2 diffuser from Freshwatershrimp.co.uk
- With its smart, curvy 'pipe' design, this is the diffuser Sherlock Holmes would have plumped for, says Nathan Hill. It’s sleek, different and surprisingly simp...
Nathan Hill on Tuesday 21 May, 2013, 22:45
- From sluggish to stream - inside of a day!
- The project: to convert Nathan Hill’s established and overgrown planted danio set-up into a fast-flowing riverine tank in one day — and what a doddle of a job it was, t...
(1 vote) 2 comments
Practical Fishkeeping on Friday 17 May, 2013, 14:55
- Hermit crabs: You've got to love them!
- Hermit crabs can look incredibly bizarre and have bright coloration, fascinating behaviour and endearing personality. And there's a hermit for most marine systems — although you need to be careful when choosing which species. Dave Wolfenden explains...
Dave Wolfenden on Thursday 16 May, 2013, 13:09
- Review: EF filter booster from All Pond Solutions
- I’m pleased to see this idea making a comeback in the hobby, says Nathan Hill. It’s a boosting canister that sits inline before your existing canister — and the possibilities seem endle...
(1 vote) 3 comments
Nathan Hill on Wednesday 15 May, 2013, 20:56
- What you need to know about tank decoration
- Some objects lurking in tanks may be little more than ticking time bombs, waiting to blight their host aquarium — and sometimes with devastating consequence...
(2 votes) 4 comments
Nathan Hill on Thursday 9 May, 2013, 13:43
- Time to get serious about Clowns
- The Clown loach is one of the most popular and endearing tropical aquarium fish, but unfortunately its requirements are seldom met. Nathan Hill offers some advice on keeping these surprisingly large-growing botii...
(3 votes) 2 comments
Nathan Hill on Wednesday 8 May, 2013, 22:34
- Review: HM Digital waterproof pH meter
- A snazzy little device, this waterproof probe takes the fear out of dropping expensive gadgets into the aquarium to the detriment of both livestock and my wallet, writes Nathan Hill. It even floats and doesn’t create an owner’s wet arm on retrieval...
Nathan Hill on Wednesday 8 May, 2013, 22:22
- Aquascaping with a shallow aquarium
- George Farmer liked the look of a new and trendy shape of aquarium so much that he had one custom built — and then created one of his favourite aquascap...
George Farmer on Thursday 2 May, 2013, 20:20
- Keeping sun corals in the aquarium
- It takes a truly dedicated worshipper to keep Tubastrea corals at their healthiest, warns Dave Wolfenden. However, the challenge is there should you wish to acce...
Dave Wolfenden on Thursday 2 May, 2013, 11:48