News » Show all
- Vandals destroy pensioner's pond
- A pensioner from Thackley, Bradford was heartbroken to discover vandals had destroyed the pond in her back garden overnig...
Practical Fishkeeping on Friday 24 May, 2013, 10:33
- Thinking big may not be the answer to saving large-river fish
- A recent report says that 88% of the the fish found in U.S. large-river ecosystems like the Mississippi are in danger, but that their future could be brighter if we look at the smaller picture - by moving conservation efforts to the tributari...
Practical Fishkeeping on Thursday 23 May, 2013, 9:54
- Man jailed for smuggling rare corals and clams into the UK
- A Manchester man has been jailed after he was caught trying to smuggle more than 700 rare and endangered corals and clams into the ...
Practical Fishkeeping on Wednesday 22 May, 2013, 21:52
- It's time to get frisky with Koi Pro spawning brushes
- Spring has finally sprung and pond fish the length and breadth of the country are thinking about spawning. The carp in PFK's lake are even at it right now...
Jeremy Gay on Wednesday 22 May, 2013, 14:24
- Woman wants to give birth to a shark...and eat it!
- In these days of over-population and food shortages, a Japanese woman has come up with the idea of giving birth to animals instead of human babies - and then eating them! And she thinks sharks would be the perfect starting point.....
(No votes) 5 comments
Practical Fishkeeping on Wednesday 22 May, 2013, 12:20
- Police called after 'killer goldfish' dumped at nature reserve
- Wildlife experts have called in the police to investigate the sudden appearance of a number of goldfish at Lingfield Nature Reserves in Surrey, where the ponds are home to protected Great crested newts...
(No votes) 3 comments
Practical Fishkeeping on Wednesday 22 May, 2013, 10:51
- Great turnout for Ryedale show
- Worries about clashes with a festival for 'foodies', plus other fish shows in Scotland, appeared to be unfounded as the Ryedale AS Open Show at the weekend was a busy one - with more entries than previously seen at this venue and standing room only at the auction, reports Dr David Fo...
Dr David Ford on Tuesday 21 May, 2013, 16:10
- Amazon River is a 'metabolic hotspot'
- A new study has shown that the Amazon River exhales virtually all the carbon taken up by the rainfore...
(No votes) 2 comments
Practical Fishkeeping on Tuesday 21 May, 2013, 10:40
- Move over FX5 — Rolf C Hagen launches Fluval FX6!
- The best heavy horse external filter on the market has been revamped. Say hello to the new Fluval F...
Jeremy Gay on Monday 20 May, 2013, 15:06
- Tiny jellyfish may have stung couple in snorkelling tragedy
- An autopsy is being carried out on the body of a woman who drowned alongside her husband during a family trip to a remote beach in Western Australia, to see if she had been stung by a jellyfi...
Practical Fishkeeping on Monday 20 May, 2013, 11:20