Browse by author
- From sluggish to stream - inside of a day!
- The project: to convert Nathan Hill’s established and overgrown planted danio set-up into a fast-flowing riverine tank in one day — and what a doddle of a job it was, t...
(1 vote) 1 comment
Practical Fishkeeping on Friday 17 May, 2013, 14:55
- Our ponds: Box of goodies
- Nathan Hill and Jeremy Gay use a Gordon Low box welded liner to set up a step-by-step pond for a PFK colleag...
Practical Fishkeeping on Tuesday 23 April, 2013, 22:51
- How to solve a problem like resuscitating an escaped fish
- It’s one of those worst moments when you discover a fish missing from your tank — a rudimentary look revealing the animal in question, board-stiff and dessicated on the floor. Here's what to do...
(2 votes) 1 comment
Practical Fishkeeping on Monday 4 March, 2013, 16:26
- Review: ADA Cube Garden 60-P aquarium and Do!aqua cabinet
- PFK received this as part of a prize bundle for in-mag competitions, but there was no way Nathan Hill could let it go without getting it out of the packaging and reviewing it too...
(No votes) 1 comment
Practical Fishkeeping on Monday 17 December, 2012, 13:57
- How to clean the impeller in your filter
- The rate of water flow in your tank is down to the impeller in the pump. Here’s how to keep it at maximum efficien...
(3 votes) 4 comments
Practical Fishkeeping on Thursday 22 November, 2012, 14:00
- What you need to know about PAR
- PAR is the buzzword, even though most people don’t know what it is. Coral keepers and plant buffs have an inkling, but it’s a mystery for the rest of ...
(No votes) 2 comments
Practical Fishkeeping on Thursday 11 October, 2012, 12:47
- How to solve a problem like gas embolisms
- Unsightly and agonising, gas bubbles in fish are a horrific infliction - and usually man made! We explain mo...
Practical Fishkeeping on Wednesday 5 September, 2012, 20:58
- Keeping anemones in the reef aquarium
- Dave Wolfenden investigates anemones — creatures with a reproductive method that’s pure science ficti...
Practical Fishkeeping on Wednesday 5 September, 2012, 12:25
- What you need to know about hole in the head disease
- No aquarist wants to see hole in the head (HITH), or head and lateral line erosion (HLLE) in his or her fish. We investigate the orgins of this difficult to treat ailme...
(No votes) 1 comment
Practical Fishkeeping on Wednesday 1 August, 2012, 16:35
- How to ensure there's enough oxygen in your pond
- Oxygen brings life to your pond, but hot summer weather can cause problems. Here’s how to make sure there’s always enough for your livestock...
(1 vote) 2 comments
Practical Fishkeeping on Wednesday 25 July, 2012, 16:50