Browse by author
- Review: Poly Lab Reef-Roids
- Polyp Lab didn’t want to give me much information on this product but, as far as I’m concerned, Reef-Roids smells an awful lot like a mixture of Calanus (or generic copepod) and shrimp meal, says Nathan Hil...
Nathan Hill on Wednesday 19 June, 2013, 10:07
- Review: Critter torch from MarineReefLED
- This torch might not be big but it’s certainly clever and it has a viable real-world application for retailer and hobbyist alike — in fact anyone who acclimatises fish, writes Nathan Hi...
Nathan Hill on Monday 17 June, 2013, 9:24
- How to create a multi-tank set-up - with plastic plants!
- Dean Barratt's trio of plastic greeneries complement each other perfectly. Nathan Hill marvels at the resul...
Nathan Hill on Friday 14 June, 2013, 10:57
- Review: Boyu Super Biochemical sponge filter
- Throughout my early years of fishkeeping air-driven sponge filters were a staple, running large tanks and tiny breeding set-ups with equal ease, says Nathan Hill. So it’s a delight to know that not only are they still going strong some 30-odd years on, they’ve even improve...
Nathan Hill on Thursday 30 May, 2013, 15:52
- Review: Poly Lab Medic marine fish treatment
- I’m flying blind here as the ingredients listed are vague, but Medic is a treatment for marine fish in reef systems where traditional copper-based medications are out of the equation, writes Nathan Hi...
Nathan Hill on Wednesday 29 May, 2013, 17:16
- Review: Reef Eden iPhone cover
- What’s the problem with phones? They’re not fishy enough, says Nathan Hill. But now Reef Eden has come to the rescue...
Nathan Hill on Tuesday 28 May, 2013, 12:28
- Your fish houses: Julian Dignall
- Having geared for a trip into Scotland, Nathan Hill couldn’t pass up the opportunity to interview a man with a mission to find out all he can about catfi...
(2 votes) 1 comment
Nathan Hill on Thursday 23 May, 2013, 14:00
- Review: Metal CO2 diffuser from Freshwatershrimp.co.uk
- With its smart, curvy 'pipe' design, this is the diffuser Sherlock Holmes would have plumped for, says Nathan Hill. It’s sleek, different and surprisingly simp...
Nathan Hill on Tuesday 21 May, 2013, 22:45
- Review: EF filter booster from All Pond Solutions
- I’m pleased to see this idea making a comeback in the hobby, says Nathan Hill. It’s a boosting canister that sits inline before your existing canister — and the possibilities seem endle...
(1 vote) 3 comments
Nathan Hill on Wednesday 15 May, 2013, 20:56
- What you need to know about tank decoration
- Some objects lurking in tanks may be little more than ticking time bombs, waiting to blight their host aquarium — and sometimes with devastating consequence...
(2 votes) 4 comments
Nathan Hill on Thursday 9 May, 2013, 13:43