Browse by author
- Hydra "see" the light - but they don't have eyes
- A new study has found that the freshwater hydra can react to light despite having no ey...
Nicolette Craig on Tuesday 20 March, 2012, 10:10
- 'Unique' coral reef threatened by development in Mexico
- A thriving new coral reef in Mexico and a shining example of conservation in action is under threat from a huge development plan for the Baja California Peninsu...
(No votes) 1 comment
Nicolette Craig on Wednesday 14 March, 2012, 10:46
- Aquarium diver bitten by shark
- A diver at an Australian aquarium was bitten in the face by a shark during feeding ti...
Nicolette Craig on Tuesday 13 March, 2012, 12:43
- Proposed dams along Mekong River threaten migratory fish
- An international study on the impact of a plan to build 11 dams along the Mekong river has warned of catastrophic consequences to fish biodiversity in the ar...
Nicolette Craig on Tuesday 13 March, 2012, 12:37
- New deep sea catshark discovered
- Scientists from California and the Smithsonian have described a new species of deep sea catshark from the Galapagos Island...
Nicolette Craig on Tuesday 13 March, 2012, 11:44
- First sustainably caught Papua New Guinea fish arrive in UK!
- Readers of the April issue PFK magazine will be pleased to hear that sustainably caught marine fish from Papua New Guinea will be available from UK shops within the next few wee...
(1 vote) 4 comments
Nicolette Craig on Tuesday 6 March, 2012, 10:28
- 'Mobile marine reserves' will help protect endangered species
- Scientists in the US have come up with radical new plans to protect marine animals unintentionally caught as by-catch by fisherm...
Nicolette Craig on Tuesday 6 March, 2012, 9:43
- New threats to Great Barrier Reef
- The last two weeks have made grim reading for the state of the Great Barrier Reef...
Nicolette Craig on Tuesday 6 March, 2012, 9:35
- Thousands of tuna found dead off Dubai
- Within days of reports coming in that dead dolphins have washed in on the coastline of Peru, thousands of dead tuna have been reported in the waters west of Dubai.
Nicolette Craig on Thursday 1 March, 2012, 11:34
- 'Glow in the dark sushi' uses GM Zebra danios
- For people with more unusual tastes, the Center for Genomic Gastronomy has come up with a dish that might raise a few eyebrows - glow in the dark sus...
(2 votes) 8 comments
Nicolette Craig on Tuesday 28 February, 2012, 11:32