Browse by author
- Manx Basking shark tag program at risk
- The Manx Basking Shark Watch (MBSW) tagging project, which has successfully tagged and tracked 18 sharks since 2007, is under threat due to a lack of fundin...
Bob Mehen on Monday 2 April, 2012, 16:14
- Online fish sellers prosecuted
- Two men who sold aquatic animals online have been prosecuted for cruelty at Dartford Magistrates Court after they failed to protect and package them correctl...
(No votes) 5 comments
Bob Mehen on Friday 30 March, 2012, 10:11
- Fish moved as drought deepens
- The continuing drought in parts of England has led to the removal of fish by the Environment Agency (E...
Bob Mehen on Thursday 29 March, 2012, 9:50
- Hull aquarium goes green
- Hull's iconic 'The Deep' aquarium has gone green with the installation of a tidal energy plant to help power the popular tourist attraction and research cent...
Bob Mehen on Wednesday 28 March, 2012, 10:35
- Gaddafi's son dreamed of cruising with sharks
- As if the idea of sailing the world in your very own cruise liner wasn't by itself enough, one of Colonel Gaddafi's sons decided to take it a step further, and do so in the company of shar...
Bob Mehen on Monday 26 March, 2012, 15:44
- Cumbrian aquarists hit by mystery tank wipe-outs
- Three Cumbrian fishkeepers have been left with empty tanks after being hit by a series of unexplained fish deat...
(No votes) 5 comments
Bob Mehen on Tuesday 20 March, 2012, 11:46
- New protection proposed for Pakistan's river dolphins
- The death of 24 endangered dolphins in the river Indus, Pakistan last year has led to recommendations for a complete ban on fishing in their reserv...
Bob Mehen on Friday 16 March, 2012, 12:03
- Thousands of fish relocated for canal repairs
- A specialist team from British Waterways is relocating thousands of fish from drained sections of a canal in Bath to allow essential repairs to be carried out to the lock wal...
Bob Mehen on Tuesday 13 March, 2012, 12:48
- Hundreds of fish dead in Luton lakes
- Fish populations in a series of lakes which form part of the River Lee in Bedfordshire have been devastated after sewage was washed into them from nearby Luton....
Bob Mehen on Monday 12 March, 2012, 14:57
- Overfishing is good news for tongue eating parasites!
- New research into a sinister tongue eating parasite, Cerathotoa italica has found how overfishing is helping its population gr...
(No votes) 1 comment
Bob Mehen on Monday 12 March, 2012, 11:12