Browse by author
- Your tanks: Richard Ridgway
- Nathan Hill peeks inside a beast of a tank where a dragon-like Arowana is just one of the highligh...
Nathan Hill on Friday 19 September, 2014, 13:43
- Time to go green?
- Energy-guzzling aquarium equipment is coming under the scrutiny of the EU — and Nathan Hill thinks they have a point...
(4 votes) 2 comments
Nathan Hill on Friday 12 September, 2014, 15:12
- A filter with a difference!
- The Theiling Roller Mat filter, which was on display at the Interzoo trade show in Germany earlier this year, is an external filter that we can all get excited about, says Nathan Hi...
Nathan Hill on Thursday 4 September, 2014, 16:50
- Just starting out? Don't buy a bowl!
- Nathan Hill expresses his concern over the number of inadequate aquaria currently on the marke...
Nathan Hill on Friday 29 August, 2014, 11:24
- Adapt or die, retailers!
- Old style retail is never coming back, warns Nathan Hill. Buying habits and customers' expectations have changed - so aquatic retailers need to do the sa...
(1 vote) 2 comments
Nathan Hill on Friday 15 August, 2014, 10:37
- Your tanks: Jack Heathcote's 'other' set-ups
- Jack Heathcote has found fame as being the owner of the the UK's largest private freshwater aquarium - but that's only part of the story. Jack has a number of spectacular achievements tucked away in his other set-ups. Nathan Hill discovers his secrets to success with shy Elephant noses and the most finicky of angelfish...
(No votes) 1 comment
Nathan Hill on Friday 1 August, 2014, 11:23
- Classifieds – a bargain for everyone but the fish!
- Since I've had a little free time, I've dipped a toe back in to retail – only a day here, a day there, you understand – getting a feel for what the trends are. And my, hasn't it all changed in just a few short years, writes Nathan Hi...
(No votes) 5 comments
Nathan Hill on Friday 1 August, 2014, 11:22
- Red tailed black sharks rediscovered in the wild?
- Renewed hope for Red tailed black sharks has been spurred by the discovery of a wild roaming specimen, writes Nathan Hi...
Nathan Hill on Thursday 31 July, 2014, 11:21
- ''So it’s (kinda) goodbye from me!''
- I’m almost in a harrowing place, as though writing my own obituary. But I’m not under duress, nobody has me to ransom here. A handful of folks already know, but I’m leaving my full time role, going as of half past five this afternoon, writes Nathan Hi...
(2 votes) 4 comments
Nathan Hill on Friday 4 July, 2014, 14:50
- Guidelines released for keeping Fighters
- In response to confusion surrounding Betta keeping in the UK, the Anabantoid Association of Great Britain in conjunction with Dr Peter Burgess, have put together a list of definitive guidelines to their care, says Nathan Hill...
(No votes) 1 comment
Nathan Hill on Friday 20 June, 2014, 13:57