Browse by author
- Review: The 101 Best Freshwater Nano Species
- Nathan Hill reviews this new book by Mark Denaro and Rachel O’Lear...
Nathan Hill on Thursday 9 April, 2015, 14:24
- Unknown farm produces first 'Oxcarlotl'
- Exclusive images leaked to us by a whistleblower on an Eastern fish farm appear to show one of the world's first inter-class hybrids involving a fish and an amphibian. Called the Oxcarlotl, the beast is sure to shock and outrage puris...
(1 vote) 8 comments
Nathan Hill on Wednesday 1 April, 2015, 11:21
- Now is the time to be ethical
- Given the drive and momentum of OATAs ‘Hands off my Hobby’ campaign, I’m compelled to mount my own ‘call-to-arms’ for both hobbyists and retailers alike, writes Nathan Hill. Quite simply it revolves around this: it has never before been so pertinent to put your money where your mouth ...
(1 vote) 2 comments
Nathan Hill on Friday 13 March, 2015, 8:34
- Romsey World of Water Aquatic Event 2015
- Looking for an aquatic gig this weekend? If you’re in the south of the country, you’re in for a treat, writes Nathan Hill, as Romsey World of Water celebrate their annual weekend fishkeeping bonan...
Nathan Hill on Monday 23 February, 2015, 10:44
- This week’s factfile - Microdevario
- This week’s addition to the factfile database is the charming Neon yellow rasbora, and you can download the file from Scri...
Nathan Hill on Friday 13 February, 2015, 14:47
- Singaporean livestock smuggler faces up to 10 years in prison after Australian arrests
- Alex Chang Kuok Weai, an employee of Qian Hu ornamental fish farm in Singapore, has appeared before an Australian court on Monday, writes Nathan Hill. He is charged with the smuggling of endangered fi...
Nathan Hill on Monday 9 February, 2015, 16:05
- A deformity too far?
- We’ve all got different tastes, but can we argue for an objective standard that none of us should cross? I think we can, says Nathan Hill, but we all need to sit down and discuss it if it’s ever going to mean anythi...
(No votes) 1 comment
Nathan Hill on Friday 6 February, 2015, 13:09
- Welcome to the PFK factfiles!
- Watch this space for regular fishy posts, writes Nathan Hill, as we introduce our new weekly factfile updates...
Nathan Hill on Friday 6 February, 2015, 11:34
- The King of Dwarves gets a name!
- It’s a fish that’s had cichlid fans salivating since it first appeared on the scene, and now it has a name of its own. Nathan Hill investigates the largest Apistogramma there ...
Nathan Hill on Friday 30 January, 2015, 14:14
- All change on the editing front
- The New Year brings fresh changes to the team at PFK, with a reshuffled editorial team and the return of an older face, writes Nathan H...
(No votes) 2 comments
Nathan Hill on Tuesday 13 January, 2015, 11:36