Browse by author
- Review: Poly Lab Reef-Roids
- Polyp Lab didn’t want to give me much information on this product but, as far as I’m concerned, Reef-Roids smells an awful lot like a mixture of Calanus (or generic copepod) and shrimp meal, says Nathan Hil...
Nathan Hill on Wednesday 19 June, 2013, 10:07
- Odyssea CFS 1000 external canister from Ocean Aquarium
- Nathan Hill has a quick look at, and gives his first impressions of, the Odyssea CFS 1000 filter straight out of the box...
(No votes) 4 comments
Nathan Hill on Tuesday 18 June, 2013, 14:07
- Review: Critter torch from MarineReefLED
- This torch might not be big but it’s certainly clever and it has a viable real-world application for retailer and hobbyist alike — in fact anyone who acclimatises fish, writes Nathan Hi...
Nathan Hill on Monday 17 June, 2013, 9:24
- Ten evolutionary wonders of fish
- Ever stopped for a moment and considered just how wonderful and diverse the aquatic world is? Nathan Hill reveals some of his favourite adaptations by fish to the pressures of everyday lif...
(1 vote) 3 comments
Nathan Hill on Friday 14 June, 2013, 16:28
- How to create a multi-tank set-up - with plastic plants!
- Dean Barratt's trio of plastic greeneries complement each other perfectly. Nathan Hill marvels at the resul...
Nathan Hill on Friday 14 June, 2013, 10:57
- Would you eat your own fish?
- Have you ever stopped to consider how delicious some of your aquarium inhabitants look? I suspect that some people will be shocked that I could even raise this point, while others will just shrug it off like water from a Duck-billed catfish’s back, says Nathan Hill...
(4 votes) 10 comments
Nathan Hill on Friday 7 June, 2013, 11:08
- Money’s no object – what’s YOUR dream tank?
- If you won the lottery tomorrow and could afford to set up your perfect aquarium, what would you choose? Nathan Hill and Jeremy Gay share their fantasies...
(1 vote) 8 comments
Nathan Hill on Friday 31 May, 2013, 13:54
- New categories for this year’s Readers’ Poll!
- It’s that time of year again, where we want your votes on the best stores and products around the UK...
Nathan Hill on Thursday 30 May, 2013, 17:22
- Review: Boyu Super Biochemical sponge filter
- Throughout my early years of fishkeeping air-driven sponge filters were a staple, running large tanks and tiny breeding set-ups with equal ease, says Nathan Hill. So it’s a delight to know that not only are they still going strong some 30-odd years on, they’ve even improve...
Nathan Hill on Thursday 30 May, 2013, 15:52
- Review: Poly Lab Medic marine fish treatment
- I’m flying blind here as the ingredients listed are vague, but Medic is a treatment for marine fish in reef systems where traditional copper-based medications are out of the equation, writes Nathan Hi...
Nathan Hill on Wednesday 29 May, 2013, 17:16