Browse by author
- The King of Dwarves gets a name!
- It’s a fish that’s had cichlid fans salivating since it first appeared on the scene, and now it has a name of its own. Nathan Hill investigates the largest Apistogramma there ...
Nathan Hill on Friday 30 January, 2015, 14:14
- All change on the editing front
- The New Year brings fresh changes to the team at PFK, with a reshuffled editorial team and the return of an older face, writes Nathan H...
(No votes) 2 comments
Nathan Hill on Tuesday 13 January, 2015, 11:36
- Try something different in 2015!
- Nathan Hill offers some ideas to take your hobby to a new level, whether you're an old hand or a new fishkeep...
(No votes) 1 comment
Nathan Hill on Friday 9 January, 2015, 12:31
- Review: Luna Oak jellyfish tank from Marine Ornamental Aquatics
- Nathan Hill reviews an unusual-looking jellyfish set-up for smaller speci...
Nathan Hill on Thursday 18 December, 2014, 12:21
- Your fish houses: Derrick Clayton
- If you want show grade guppies, passion and devotion trump a deep wallet. We visit a reader at the top of his ga...
Nathan Hill on Friday 12 December, 2014, 13:33
- How to buy second hand tanks
- Not all of us can afford a shiny new aquarium. Nathan Hill has some advice on buying second hand set-u...
(1 vote) 1 comment
Nathan Hill on Friday 5 December, 2014, 13:47
- Could mackerel gonads change the world?
- Scientific trials are underway to see if one fish can produce the offspring of another. If they can, it'll change the face of breeding and conservation as we know it, says Nathan Hill...
Nathan Hill on Friday 21 November, 2014, 12:00
- Are your shoals big enough?
- What's your thing? A glint of goldfish? A fever of stingrays? If you're a public aquarist, you might even have an army of herring. Draft, nest, school or shoal, I'll wager at some point in your hobby you've owned a multiplicity of fish, says Nathan Hi...
(4 votes) 2 comments
Nathan Hill on Friday 14 November, 2014, 14:31
- Are self cleaning fish tanks still fiction?
- Does the idea of never having to carry out a water change ever again appeal to you? Nathan Hill considers how close we really are to maintenance-free fishkeepi...
(No votes) 1 comment
Nathan Hill on Thursday 30 October, 2014, 12:55
- Take responsibility, damn it!
- The rain's back, I'm spending too much time indoors, and when frequenting my local stores I'm doing an awful lot of eavesdropping. It's time to hoist up my soapbox and unleash the demagogue within, because my hackles are up, says Nathan Hi...
(8 votes) 5 comments
Nathan Hill on Thursday 9 October, 2014, 20:34