Browse by author
- Time to rethink anaesthetics?
- A study into the effects of chemicals commonly used in euthanasia and anaesthesia of fish has found some of them to be less humane than previously thought, says Nathan Hi...
(No votes) 1 comment
Nathan Hill on Thursday 6 March, 2014, 20:08
- Siamese fighters: Fins of fury!
- If Bruce Lee had been a fish, it would probably have been a Siamese fighter! Nathan Hill spotlights this fish from the Far East, which performs just like the martial arts icon - and shows no mercy in combat...
Nathan Hill on Thursday 20 February, 2014, 15:38
- New legislation affects which fish you may keep in England
- February 17 saw the implementation of the Prohibition of Keeping and Release of Live Fish (specified species) (England) Order 2014. The new legislation, which supercedes former prohibitions, affects everyone from hobbyist to importer, and brings in a fresh 'white list' of exactly which species we can now keep. Nathan Hill reports...
(No votes) 3 comments
Nathan Hill on Tuesday 18 February, 2014, 13:47
- Time to up your game?
- What our hobby needs right now is more serious aquarists, says Nathan Hill. So it's time we started putting the fish at the top of our priorities again...
(1 vote) 4 comments
Nathan Hill on Friday 14 February, 2014, 13:00
- Fish comes back from endangered list!
- Nathan Hill with the good news story of the first fish to actually be removed from the endangered species list...
Nathan Hill on Friday 7 February, 2014, 11:26
- Video: Ivan Mikolji’s biotopes on the shore
- Back from recent expeditions, Ivan Mikolji of the Fish From Venezuela foundation treats us to a spectacular acidic Amazon biotope, says Nathan Hi...
Nathan Hill on Thursday 6 February, 2014, 10:08
- Review: Fluval Fresh 85 litre set-up from Hagen
- Nathan Hill checks out this new Fluval aquarium offering from Hag...
Nathan Hill on Tuesday 28 January, 2014, 17:36
- Predators: South American arowana
- Nathan Hill reveals a fish more feared for its hunting prowess above water than in ...
Nathan Hill on Monday 27 January, 2014, 10:40
- Review: Seneye DRiBOX
- If a product’s involved with Seneye’s Matt Stevenson, I take interest, says Nathan Hill. This is the man who designed the Seneye. In a world of sheeple following each other’s designs, Matt is one of the unique minorities coming up with new stu...
(No votes) 2 comments
Nathan Hill on Wednesday 22 January, 2014, 11:23
- Review: Superfish ‘Ultra–Safe’ 400w Heater
- Nathan Hill checks out this huge heater for the larger aquari...
(No votes) 2 comments
Nathan Hill on Monday 20 January, 2014, 21:52