Browse by author
- How to create a shrimpscape!
- Take inspiration from George Farmer's high-end shrimp tank to create an aquascape worthy of displ...
George Farmer on Friday 16 May, 2014, 11:18
- Why can't I grow red plants?
- George Farmer has some advice for a PFK reader who's struggling to grow red stem plants in his aquari...
George Farmer on Monday 27 January, 2014, 10:05
- Branching out
- George Farmer decides to set up a nature aquarium against a self-imposed deadline and in such a shallow tank that much of the décor is exposed to fresh a...
George Farmer on Friday 1 November, 2013, 11:28
- Aquascaping with a shallow aquarium
- George Farmer liked the look of a new and trendy shape of aquarium so much that he had one custom built — and then created one of his favourite aquascap...
George Farmer on Thursday 2 May, 2013, 20:20
- Setting up a high energy planted aquarium
- George Farmer sets up and maintains a high-energy planted tank over a six-month period. He describes the agonies and ecstasies of his progress...
George Farmer on Thursday 14 March, 2013, 13:38
- CO2: Striking the balance
- George Farmer takes a look at how to measure the levels of CO2 in the planted aquarium to ensure it benefits the plants, while remaining safe for your fi...
George Farmer on Friday 21 September, 2012, 10:51
- How to set up a low maintenance cube-shaped aquarium
- George Farmer discovers it’s hip to be square when he thinks abstract about his first moderately-sized cube aquarium designed for colourful community fi...
(2 votes) 2 comments
George Farmer on Friday 3 August, 2012, 9:13
- What CO2 can do for you (and your plants!)
- Fancy giving your plants a real energy boost? George Farmer takes a detailed look at what CO2 injection can do for the growing potential of your planted aquarium...
(2 votes) 5 comments
George Farmer on Wednesday 4 July, 2012, 11:56
- Aquascaping: Taking it one step further
- George Farmer re-uses an existing rock layout to create an even more impressive aquascape with some state-of-the-art equipment...
George Farmer on Thursday 26 April, 2012, 11:26
- How to set up an Amazon themed aquarium
- George Farmer sets up another smash hit of an Amazonian biotope tank - this time recreating the life and décor of the Rio Nana...
(2 votes) 1 comment
George Farmer on Thursday 15 March, 2012, 13:37