Browse by author
- Community tetras: Alternatives to butter
- Bob Mehen spreads the word about some equally palatable options to more familiar tetr...
(1 vote) 1 comment
Bob Mehen on Tuesday 19 March, 2013, 12:25
- How to keep headstanders in the aquarium
- Bob Mehen would turn somersaults for the headstanders — a group of fish that move in mysterious wa...
(No votes) 1 comment
Bob Mehen on Friday 28 December, 2012, 11:35
- Glass catfish: Clearly different!
- Bob Mehen takes a look at the the see-through siluriids —glassy creatures that refuse to conform to the accepted catfish stereoty...
Bob Mehen on Tuesday 2 October, 2012, 14:28
- Whiptail catfish: Fab beyond drab
- Bob Mehen explains why it’s refreshingly different to branch out and keep more cryptic plecs.
Bob Mehen on Tuesday 3 July, 2012, 12:49
- 20 questions with Bob Mehen
- PFK news writer, contributor and forum moderator Bob Mehen tells us about his obsession with brown fish, his views on the hobby and all things relat...
(No votes) 8 comments
Bob Mehen on Thursday 12 April, 2012, 12:56
- Manx Basking shark tag program at risk
- The Manx Basking Shark Watch (MBSW) tagging project, which has successfully tagged and tracked 18 sharks since 2007, is under threat due to a lack of fundin...
Bob Mehen on Monday 2 April, 2012, 16:14
- Online fish sellers prosecuted
- Two men who sold aquatic animals online have been prosecuted for cruelty at Dartford Magistrates Court after they failed to protect and package them correctl...
(No votes) 5 comments
Bob Mehen on Friday 30 March, 2012, 10:11
- Fish moved as drought deepens
- The continuing drought in parts of England has led to the removal of fish by the Environment Agency (E...
Bob Mehen on Thursday 29 March, 2012, 9:50
- Hull aquarium goes green
- Hull's iconic 'The Deep' aquarium has gone green with the installation of a tidal energy plant to help power the popular tourist attraction and research cent...
Bob Mehen on Wednesday 28 March, 2012, 10:35
- Gaddafi's son dreamed of cruising with sharks
- As if the idea of sailing the world in your very own cruise liner wasn't by itself enough, one of Colonel Gaddafi's sons decided to take it a step further, and do so in the company of shar...
Bob Mehen on Monday 26 March, 2012, 15:44