Browse by author
- Goldfish has life-saving surgery to remove tumour
- In a world filled with stories of the disposable treatment of goldfish, it’s refreshing to come across one where these often abused fairground fodder and pet shop staples are given the level of care most pet owners would not think twice of affording their cat, dog or rabbit but might baulk at providing for their aquatic p...
Bob Mehen on Wednesday 17 September, 2014, 16:36
- Marine specialist closes in Cornwall
- Nemo’s Place in St. Austell, Cornwall, which Practical Fishkeeping reviewed in its shoptour in the October 2014 issue, has clos...
Bob Mehen on Wednesday 3 September, 2014, 12:33
- Lock up your goldfish! Fish are on spiders' menus worldwide
- Don’t tell your guppies, but fish eating spiders can be found on every continent apart from Antarctica, a new study has foun...
Bob Mehen on Thursday 19 June, 2014, 16:01
- New Tri-Mar opens its doors
- After months of hard work, Tri-Mar Aquatics has opened its new shop in Pool, Cornwal...
Bob Mehen on Wednesday 28 May, 2014, 16:44
- Why did these loaches bully my catfish?
- Bob Mehen advises a PFK reader who recently had a bad experience with some Zebra loaches...
(No votes) 1 comment
Bob Mehen on Thursday 3 April, 2014, 10:48
- How can I get my fish to shoal?
- Why don't fish that shoal in nature swim in the same way when added to the aquarium? Bob Mehen offers some advice to a reader who's having just such a problem with her tetras...
Bob Mehen on Wednesday 12 March, 2014, 22:11
- Should I add a mate for this grumpy gourami?
- Bob Mehen has some advice for a reader whose gourami has turned into a bit of bul...
Bob Mehen on Friday 14 February, 2014, 12:31
- Why won't this cloudy water clear?
- Bob Mehen has some advice for a PFK reader with a cloudy aquari...
(No votes) 2 comments
Bob Mehen on Monday 20 January, 2014, 21:35
- Multi award winner Tri-Mar on the move
- Four times 'Practical Fishkeeping UK Retailer of the Year' winner Tri-Mar is movin...
Bob Mehen on Thursday 9 January, 2014, 16:13
- Do Red-tailed black sharks deserve their bad reputation?
- Just how aggressive are these gorgeous fish - and is there any chance of keeping them successfully in a community tank? Bob Mehen has some advice for a reader who'd like to know if their reputation is based on fact or fictio...
(1 vote) 4 comments
Bob Mehen on Wednesday 8 January, 2014, 11:28